Vicki Bitner practices in the area of complex civil and commercial litigation. For more than 20 years, she has represented individual, corporate, non-profit, and government clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including breach of contract, minority shareholder disputes, unfair or deceptive trade practices, rights to intellectual property, and provider reimbursement (hospitals and nursing facilities). She also has significant experience representing clients in litigation over actions taken by state and federal government agencies.
Before joining the Briol law firm, Ms. Bitner worked for ten years in Washington, D.C. During this time she practiced with the law firm of Covington & Burling, served as a special prosecutor with the Office of Independent Counsel, and was a law clerk to the Honorable Oliver Gasch, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Ms. Bitner received her J.D. with high honors from the George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C., where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif. She received her B.A. from the University of Minnesota. She is admitted to practice in Minnesota and the District of Columbia.
Click on each of the tabs below to view the details of each section.
George Washington University National Law Center
J.D., high honors, 1989Order of the CoifEditor-in-Chief, The George Washington Law Review
University of Minnesota
Associate Independent Counsel, Office of the Independent Counsel, Washington, D.C., 1998-99
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Minnesota
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. v. Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority of the City of St. Louis, et al., 2010 U.S. Dist. Lexis 112744 (E.D. Mo. October 22, 2010)
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. v. Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority of the City of St. Louis, 2010 U.S. Dist. Lexis 70919 (E.D. Mo. July 15, 2010)
- President Riverboat Casino – Missouri, Inc. v. Missouri Gaming Commission, 304 S.W.2d 291 (Mo. App. W.D. Mar. 2, 2010)
- Cedar Fair v. Minntertainment Company, 2007 WL 1674830 (Minn. Ct. App. June 12, 2007)
- Cedar Fair v. Minntertainment Company, 2006 WL 2474025 (Minn. Ct. App. Aug. 29, 2006)
- United Health Care Insurance Co. v. Advance PCS, 316 F.3d 737 (8th Cir. 2002)
- United HealthCare Ins. Co. v. AdvancePCS, 2002 WL 432068 (D. Minn. Mar. 18, 2002)
- Cleveland v. KFC National Mgmt. Co., 948 F. Supp. 62 (N.D. Ga. 1996)
- Memorial Hospital v. Childers, 896 F. Supp. 1427 (W.D. Ky. 1995)
- Methodist Hospitals, Inc. v. Indiana Family and Social Servs. Admin., 860 F. Supp. 1309 (N.D. Ind. 1994), aff’d, 91 F.3d 1026 (7th Cir. 1996)
- Kansas Health Care Ass’n v. Kansas Dep’t of Social and Rehab. Servs., 31 F.3d 1536 (10th Cir. 1994)
- Kansas Hospital Ass’n v. Whiteman, 835 F. Supp. 1556 (D. Kan. 1993), aff’d, 36 F.3d 1106 (10th Cir. 1994)
- Texas Hospital Ass’n v. National Heritage Ins. Co., 802 F. Supp. 1507 (W.D. Tex. 1992)
- National Treasury Employees Union v. United States, 927 F.2d 1253 (D.C. Cir. 1991)